Thursday, November 6, 2014

Why Being Holy and Separate is the Key

As Christians our goal in life is to live like Jesus who was holy, righteous, and separate from the world. Looking at my life from different perspectives I can see where I need to grow and where moderation needs to be. Our purpose in life is to live for God and to seek after him and do his will. Ephesians 1:11 "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will." We shouldn't give up on the promises that God has given to us.
Today in Chapel service, that we have at Indiana Bible College every Tuesday and Thursday, one of the students preached about not giving up on your promise and trusting in God. in Genesis chapter 22, Abraham was told by God to sacrifice his son Isaac unto God. Abraham's faith was tested because God wanted to see if he really would allow God to have full control over his situations. God did provide a lamb for Abraham to sacrifice so Isaac wouldn't have had to be it. This is a great story to read when we feel like there isn't any hope in our situation, but God has all things under control.
When you live a holy life and seek after God, he will prove to you that he will always be there.
Isaiah 41:10&13 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee, be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." 
It's reassuring that we can find scriptural evidence that tells us God will always be with us whenever we need him. 
Throughout these blog posts I have searched the Bible and studied about the things that I have written about so I can better apply them to my life. I have seen where my weaknesses lay and where my strengths are. Nothing in this world gives me a better feeling than knowing that I am living in a righteous way and that my life is pleasing unto God. "For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For it I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ" Galatians 1:10. 


At times my mind wonders. and I think about where I would be if I wasn't living for God. But then I think about how God has shown his mercy to me endless times, how he's protected me from harm and how he has saved me from my sins. Then I can't help but to thank him for all he has done for me. There isn't a better thing to do in this world than to live for God. Nothing can make you happier, nothing else can fill that void in your heart, nothing can save you and lead you to salvation. 
Once we make the decision to live our live according to what is pleasing to God, that's when everything starts to fall into place. Your troubles will soon fade, the emptiness in your soul will be filled up, and your heart will no longer ache. 

John 16:24 "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." 

Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink, but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." 

James 1:2-4 "My bretheren, count it all joy when ye fall into diverse temptations. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." 

No comments:

Post a Comment